CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 28, 2008

FRIDAY NITE BOOMER CHAT PARTY
March 21, 2008

CONDOLENCES

Bluesy1234 (Les) lost his father last week. We are so sorry for your loss, Les.

HEALTH

Suggar n Space (Kris) had to take a GI test consisting of lying on a hard table and moving in different positions. And once while changing positions, she pushed off with her hands and in the process pulled a muscle and possibly broke a rib! Imagine - getting hurt at a doctor’s office! So now she has to wear a rib belt, which wraps around and attaches with Velcro. Poor Kris, hope you’re feeling better.

LaNeita is contemplating a knuckle transplant. When she first mentioned it, I waited for the punch line - but she was serious. She explained that it wasn’t exactly a transplant, they would just put a new knuckle in on her ring finger. Another consequence of her accident. Good news about her legs, though; she is walking with a cane and a lot of times, even without the cane!

THIS & THAT

ElvisP19 (Rick) recommended using a free program called Irfanview. It plays Wavs and MP3s and views pictures and animations and movies. It’s also a picture editor. Go to http://www.irfanview.com/ to check it out. There are a lot of other interesting programs found at http://www.filehippo.com/.

There used to be an old saying back in the Midwest: Rain on Easter Sunday, Rain Seven more Sundays. No one but Marnee115 (Marcia) and myself seems to have heard it, though. As Marcia said, it’s an old wives’ tale that just happens to usually work out that way.

LaNeita noted that sunset was at 7:04 p.m.

DoggyNites (Steve) bragged about his ability to do the huckaback, and ElvisP19 (Rick) promptly played Chubby Checker’s “The Hucklebuck.” WTG, Rick!

POLITICAL TALK

Vote for Stella for President! She promises to put stilettos in every closet.


SPORTS TALK

BigHow10 (Howie) asked if everyone was ready for baseball season. Nebug2022 (Neil) said he plans to go to the Yankees or Mets opener. Ruberlegs3 (Dan) announced that the Red Sox would be doing it again, and BigHow countered that the Yankees are rebuildings. Woody held out for the Pirates. Switching to another sport, Laneita related that she liked to watch the Lakers, because Jordan Farmer was one of her students. Ruberlegs3 (Dan) said he still hoped to get to Taladega. Nebug2022 (Neil) enthused about how he loved Nascar, saying he had a lot of favorite drivers. Dan stated that someone is thinking of building a domed track in New York, near the Jersey border.

COUNTDWN TO VEGAS

Plans are being firmed out for the Vegas bash. ElvisP19 (Rick) will be driving LaNeita to Vegas, leaving California on Friday, April 11th. FrogieArno (Joan) and her husband plan to be there a week and celebrate their anniversary at that time. Congratulations, Joan and hubbie! And to all you lucky people who plan to be there, please take lots of pictures! I want to try to do my first digital scrapbook. That way, everyone can enjoy the fun and festivities. And what happens in Vegas will stay in my scrapbook.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS PERSON?

CirceUK (Jacs) asked Sonya50 (Pat) if she had ever heard from Lori.

Someone had recently asked about Jamie. I received the following note from her this week:

"Thank you for the recap and sorry I missed it. I had to fly to Chicago from Az. Thursday morning to help my mom, who is having some serious health issues. Sorry I missed to get-together. This is the first chance I've had to read my mail. I'd love to stay on the list, I'm just a little busy right now. I don't know how long I will be in Chicago. I grew up here and almost forgot what the cold weather was like. I sure do remember it now! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Anyway, thanks again and tell all my boomer buds I said howdy. Hopefully, I'll get to pop into Vegas to see some old friends and meet some new ones...
ITZJamie55"


TH-TH-TH-TH-THAT’S ALL FOLKS!

0 comments: