CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

BRIT DELACASIES

My description of English delacasies was a little off, so CirceUK (Jacs) sent me pictures of the three foods, along with her correction.

NO NO NO!!!! you got it all wrong silly girl... Spotted Dick is a suet pudding with raisins... Black pudding (referred to as blood pudding in Yank land) Is a large black sausage made from congealed ox or pig blood with lumps of delicious lard scattered in it. Faggots are large balls made mainly of offal and grains, encased in stomach membranes.... YUMMY!!!

Will you lot ever get this straight???? hahhaa


Pinky had this to say:

Corrections, love! I am back from N.Y! I love Cities-but I think the only cities I like are Birmingham and Coventry U.K. (Actually I went to Coventry last night on my little bike to go shopping)! Blood Sausage is actually called Black Pudding and that is dried pigs blood and fat.Faggots are minced liver and onions and other spices-but yes they are meatballs.Blood pudding is not a bloody pudding! lol! What you described was spotted dick-there is no sweet here, with blood in it! (eeeeewwwww)!Hope that's cleared it up for you! :)Love la vixsta*******

0 comments: